Frequently Asked Questions
Isn't it just a cord rewind?
- No. Many salon owners have tried to hang dryers from cord rewinds, but have found them not to be suitable for styling hair. The Freestylist is a very low friction system that will allow you to move the dryer in any direction rapidly without feeling the tug of the cord or the weight of the dryer. It has been awarded several patents. It is a FREE FLOATING SUPPORT mechanism.
Isn't that really expensive for a dryer?
- First and foremost, the Freestylist is a support system. We include a dryer with the base unit. But in addition to its weightlessness, it offers productivity gains, health benefits, extends dryer life, improves client experience, and removes the clutter from your salon.
The dryer looks too low - won't it hit my head?/I'm short - what if I can't reach it?/How will it work if I have tall stylists and short stylists?
- The resting height of the dryer can be adjusted with either the wall switch, remote control or adjustment screw to suit the stylist. The system is installed so the dryer is located over the back of the chair. With proper installation, you cannot walk into it.
Will it work in my salon if I have a drop ceiling?
- Drop ceilings are actually the easiest for installation.
When I let go the dryer floats down, what's wrong?
- Nothing is wrong. Before you let go of the dryer lift it up briskly. The dryer will shut itself off and the dryer brake will engage.
I have a very high ceiling in my salon, will the Freestylist work?
- Yes. The Suspended installation kit is designed for high ceilings. Light platforms are a great choice for high ceilings.
Will it help reduce my arm, neck, and shoulder pain?
- Holding your dryer for hours through long days at the salon creates stress to your muscles, tendons, and joints. Reducing the weight you must hold should go a long way towards alleviating the stress and pain.